Dogs and cats are easily susceptible to eye problems. This is due to the fact that both species are close to the ground, and regardless of whatever they do dogs and cats always lead with their head. Whether it’s fighting with another animal, poking inside a burrow, or going underneath the bed, dogs and cats go in head first which makes their eyes vulnerable to scratches, bacterial infections, or a case of dry eyes.
Unfortunately, a lot of pet owners shy away from drops because they’re a nightmare to administer, but that is not the case if you know the right steps to take. On the other hand, if you have no idea which brand to choose, it won’t help your pet’s sight either. To help you prepare for the occasional eye trouble your dog or cat might experience, we prepared this list of the top 8eye care products for dogs and cats.
Vetericyn Plus Antimicrobial Ophthalmic Pet Gel
Vetericyn Plus Antimicrobial Ophthalmic Gel for Pets is a great solution for troubled eyes. Based on advanced hypochlorous technology, it’s formulated at an appropriate pH level and will not burn or sting. A natural alternative to eye solutions that contain antibiotics, Vetericyn Plus Antimicrobial Ophthalmic Gel for Pets contains no antibiotics yet is still highly effective. It is also helpful for symptoms of pinkness of the eye, eye abrasions, and eye irritation. From your home to the farm or ranch, Vetericyn makes caring for your pet simple and easy.
- Helps to add moisture and prevent discharge caused by allergies or other eye problems.
- Cost-effective, pain-free alternative to medicated eye drops or ointments.
- Veterinarian-recommended maintenance solution helps to keep your pet’s eyes clean and prevent eye issues.
- Provides relief for your pet’s dry, burning, irritated, or red eyes.
- Recommended for every pet parent to keep on hand to promote healthy eyes.
Optixcare Dog & Cat Eye Lube Plus Lubricating Gel
Keep your pal’s dry eyes soothed and moisturized so he can enjoy all the sights with the Optixcare Dog & Cat Eye Lube Plus Lubricating Gel. It’s specially formulated to provide long-lasting lubrication for dry doggie and kitty eyes with double moisturizing action. It contains carbomer, a special gel that acts as artificial tears, and hyaluron, a super-hydrator that can hold a hundred times its weight in water. This dual-hydrating formula forms a water-like barrier on your pal’s eyes to keep them protected, moisturized, and comfortable. Since it’s specifically designed for veterinary use, you can give your pal professional-grade dry eye care from home! Simply instill one to two drops into your pal’s eyes as often as needed. Plus, it comes in a convenient, on-the-go friendly tube, so you can take it along with you wherever your adventures take you.
- Provides long-lasting lubrication for dry doggie and kitty eyes with carbomer + hyaluron.
- Dual-hydrating formula acts like natural tears to protect, soothe, and moisten eyes.
- Gel forms a water-like barrier on contact with your pal’s eyes for maximum comfort and protection.
- Simply instill one to two drops into your pal’s eyes as often as needed.
- Comes in a convenient, ready-to-use stand up tube that’s great for on the go.
Dr. Goodpet Eye-C Dog & Cat Eye Drops
Dr. Goodpet Eye-C Dog & Cat Eye Drops are the natural way to help heal and protect your furry companion’s eyes. For more than 30 years, pet owners have been using Dr. Goodpet to heal their dogs and cats with all-natural, homeopathic formulas that are made right here in the USA. This soothing liquid blend of high-quality vitamin C and zinc acts as a protective tonic and can be used either preventatively or for the relief of minor eye irritations, staining, or other common eye problems. This simple but unique solution offers easy temporary relief, keeping your best companion in top shape.
- All-natural solution is made from the highest quality, wholesome vitamin C and zinc.
- Developed for dogs and cats to offer relief of discomfort and minor eye irritations.
- Easy-to-use liquid comes with a convenient dropper for effortless application.
- Great for preventative use, or against staining and other common eye problems.
- Homeopathic formula is proudly made in the USA by a dedicated team of pet-lovers.
Optixcare Dog & Cat Eye Cleaner
Keep your pal’s eyes clean, fresh, and tear-free with the Optixcare Dog & Cat Eye Cleaner. Thanks to its gentle formulation with no harsh chemicals, alcohol, peroxide, or antibiotics, it removes tear stains and softens goo below your pal’s eyes—with no tears or messes! Simply spray on a wipe or cotton pad, massage solution under the eyes, and let the gentle cleansing action do its job. Since it’s ultra-gentle and contains soothing chamomile extract, it’s ideal for everyday use and to help prevent the buildup that turns into stains. Plus, it comes in a convenient spray bottle so you can take it along with you wherever your adventures take you.
- Gentle cleaning action works on tear stains and softens goo below your pal’s eyes.
- Contains no harsh chemicals, alcohol, peroxide, or antibiotics so it’s safe to use around delicate peepers.
- Formula has chamomile extract to soothe skin irritations that can cause excess tearing.
- Perfect for everyday use to work on current stains and prevent build up that turns into stains.
- Comes in a convenient, easy to store and on-the-go friendly portable spray bottle.
Miracle Care Eye Clear Cleaning Pads for Dogs & Cats
Don’t cry over spilled tears with Miracle Care Eye Clear Cleaning Pads for Dogs & Cats. This cleanser has been the favorite of groomers and breeders since 1961, and the convenient pre-soaked pads can be used on dogs or cats—making it ideal for multi-pet homes, clinics, or vets. It gently cleanses and eliminates troublesome tear stains without harmful bleaching agents. Plus, it cleans dirt, grime, and bacteria that can cause infection in and around the eyes.Key Benefits
- These tear-stain cleaning pads are brought to you by a brand that has been a favorite of groomers and breeders since 1961!
- Convenient pre-soaked pads can be used on dogs or cats, making them perfect for multi-pet homes, vets, or clinics.
- Gently cleanses and eliminates troublesome tear stains for a fresh look.
- Soothing properties are safe and free of harmful bleaching agents, so you know you’re protecting your fur baby.
- Quickly cleans dirt, grime, and bacteria that can cause infection in and around the eyes.
Nutri-Vet Dog Eye Rinse
Eye Rinse Liquid for dogs is a non-irritating ophthalmic solution that gently cleanses the eyes and surrounding tissues to help relieve discomfort and control irritation from dried mucous, foreign material, pollen and other irritants. It also helps remove tear stains and slows down their formation. Boric acid eye solution is commonly used as an irrigation solution to cleanse and treat irritated eyes in humans. It is very beneficial in fighting eye infections, irritations caused by foreign particles in the eye and air pollution (smog). It creates an inhospitable environment in the eyes for germs and bacteria while cleansing and soothing the eyes.
- Sterile, non-irritating ophthalmic solution that gently cleanses the eyes and surrounding tissues to help relieve discomfort and control irritation from dried mucous, foreign material, pollen and other irritants
- Specially formulated to create an inhospitable environment in the eyes for germs and bacteria
- Gently cleanses and soothes even the most sensitive eyes
- Regular use will remove tear stains and slow down their formation
EARTHBATH Wipes for Dogs, Cats, Puppies and Kittens
Clean faces get all the kisses, and keeping your pet’s face clean means getting rid of all the eye gunk! Earthbath Eye Wipes for Dogs and Cats gently removes tear stains, dirt, and discharge from around the eyes in cats and dogs, and won’t irritate the skin. These hypoallergenic wipes are fragrance-free and safe for any furry pet over six weeks of age. Safely and easily wipe away secretions, discharge and odor. These natural wipes are safe, effective gentle, PH balanced and contain no animal by products (lanolin free) or alcohol and will not remove spot on flea control products.
- Soft wipes gently remove tear stains, dirt and discharge around eye area
- Won’t irritate sensitive skin on face, contains no alcohol
- Great for pets with allergies
- Safe for all dogs, cats and other furry pets over 6 weeks old.
- 100% biodegradable, paraben free
Optixcare Dog & Cat Eye Cleaning Wipes
Keep your pal’s eyes clean, fresh, and tear-free with the Optixcare Dog & Cat Eye Cleaning Wipes. These convenient, pre-moistened wipes have a gentle formulation with no harsh chemicals, alcohol, or peroxide, to help reduce tear stains and soften goo below your pal’s eyes—with no tears or messes! Simply wipe below your pal’s eyes and let the gentle cleansing action do its job, at home or on the go. Since it’s ultra-gentle and contains soothing chamomile extract, it’s ideal for everyday use even around delicate peepers, and to help prevent the buildup that turns into stains.
- Pre-moistened wipes help reduce tear stains and soften goo below your pal’s eyes.
- Gentle cleaning action with no harsh chemicals, boric acid, peroxide, bleach, or antibiotics.
- Formula has chamomile extract to soothe skin irritations that can cause excess tearing.
- Perfect for everyday use to work on current stains and help prevent excess buildup.
- Comes in a convenient, on-the-go friendly pack so you can take it anywhere.